Kees van der Westen Speedster
The very ultimate home machine with no compromise! Technically and visually amazing! It combines multi-boiler technology with user programmable PID control for the brewing water, low pressure variable pre-infusion and the most stunning styling of any machine on the market. Completely hand built to order, with everyone who sees and uses a Speedster instantly wanting one!
About Kees Van Der Westen
Kees van der Westen has been producing cutting edge Espresso Machines since 1984 from his workshop in the Netherlands. Designer of many iconic machines, Kees has built three models although he has built many one off customs: the Mirage (first release 2001), Speedster (first release 2008) and Spirit (first release 2112). The machines are built to perfection and so beautifully put together they really are works of art. We are biased towards the Kees range as we really do have a soft spot for his work as Kees was the favourite machine builder of Dom Laranjinha, the founder of Coffee Parts.
The Kees van der Westen Speedster is shipped in a crate (DWH 72 x 70 x 75 cm) and Gross Weight of 75 kg. Approximate dimensions and footprints of the Speedster are shown in the illustrations. The black circles are the rubber feet. The optimal countertop feedthrough of 42mm (1.7″) is within the grey square.Options
- The countertop should provide a solid base to carry the full weight of the machine: roughly 45kg.
- Water supply from a water treatment system should be within 1.5m (5ft) of the machine. The water supply hose that comes with the machine has a half ball at the end of the 3/8″ nut connector. Discharge should not be further away than 1.5m, have an internal diameter of at least 25mm (1″) and should be fitted with a trap. There must be space nearby to locate the water pump with its electrical motor.
What’s in the box
- 1 x Kees Van Der Westen Speedster
- 1 x Stainless steel filter holder, 2-cup spout
- 1 x Stainless steel filter holder, 1-cup spout
- 1 x Water pump with electric motor
- 1 x Two high-pressure water supply hoses, each 1.5 m (5 ft)
- 1 x One high pressure water supply hose, 0.5 m (20 in)
- 1 x Discharge hose, inner diameter 16 mm (0.64 in)
- 1 x Stainless steel hose clamp for discharge hose
- 1 x KVDW Stainless steel tamper
- 1 x Blind filter
- 1 x Jar with cleaning powder
- 1 x Group brush
- 1 x Group screen extractor
- 1 x Drain hose
- 2 x KVDW shot glasses
- 1 x Barista spare part kit included with the machine to facilitate routine maintenance
|Brand||Kees van der Westen|
|Machine Type||Twin Boiler|
|Water Location||Plumb in Only|
|Bonus Items||FREE Tamping Mat, FREE Tamping Seat, FREE 250g Coffee Beans|